Last Scholastic Qualifier Coming Up
State Scholastic Championship Tournaments
The State Scholastic Championship is divided into three tournaments:
1. K-8th grade State Scholastic Championship, (Barber Qualifier)
Boise Senior Center, Boise
2. 9-12th grade State Scholastic Championship (Denker Qualifier)
Riverside Red Lion, Boise
3. Tournament of Champions Invitational,
Additionally, there is also:
1. Girls State Scholastic Championship (Susan Polgar Invitational & National Girls), Hailey
2. Team State Scholastic Championship,
How to qualify for the
2018 State Scholastic Championship
East Regional Scholastic
South Central Scholastic
North Regional Scholastic*
West Regional Scholastic
* we are looking for some to run this one!
There are a number of ways to qualify (see below):
All 12th graders are allowed to play!!!
receive a 1st-3rd placement in your grade at the ICA scholastic regional tournaments (you may play in any region!), or
earn 3.0 pts. or better in an ICA scholastic regional tournament
Once qualified play, continue to play in the ICA Opens. We will make a separate open section for those already qualified in the Regionals.
participate in the Idaho Closed, or
participate in two alternative, ICA sponsored, US Chess Federation rated tournaments,
Norman Friedman Memorial
Hall of Fame Tournament
Idaho Open, or
approval by Scholastic Coordinator & Board Members.
We hope to see you there.
Good luck, play hard, learn lots, and have fun!